HAND MADE TAGLIATELLE
BY ALMAZAN KITCHEN
BY ALMAZAN KITCHEN
For the dough:
For the filling:
This tasty and filling food has become indispensable in any culture and any meal – we love to grab pasta salads for a quick office lunch, but we surely love to enjoy it for dinner, at leisure, with a glass of good wine. Homemade tagliatelle is another level of delicious.
As the shape of pasta that we use depends on the dish being cooked, we decided to go for tagliatelle this time because the long thin tagliatelle strips will best collect our mushroom-based sauce topped with provolone cheese. Homemade tagliatelle pasta is not difficult to make – the shape of this pasta is basic, and in the end, you will be glad that you plunged your hands in the flour because your efforts will be rewarded with the tastiest of dishes.
Become the homemade tagliatelle hero and enjoy preparing this pasta with different kinds of tasty sauces.
1. Prepare medium-hard dough for the tagliatelle. Work the dough for 10 min, form a ball, cover it and leave it to rest for 20 min.
2. Flour the working surface, knead the dough with your hands by flattening the ball, stretching it, and folding the top towards the center. Turn 45 degrees and repeat until dough is soft and smooth, about 10 minutes.
3. Spread the dough with a rolling pin and make it 2-3mm thick.
4. Then cut the dough into 2cm wide strips and stretch them by gently pulling and stretching and the same time until they are approximately 1cm wide.
5. Sprinkle the tagliatelle with a bit of flour to prevent sticking and cook them in boiling water until al dente.
6. Cut the mushrooms into strips, halve the cherry tomatoes, and chop the spring garlic, both bulbs and the shoots.
7. Put the olive oil into the frying pan and add the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and spring garlic. Fry this mix on 350 C/650 F for 5 min.
8. Add cooked tagliatelle and fry everything for another 2 min, shaking the frying pan to mix the ingredients.
9. Transfer the dish into a clay baking pan. Break the provolone cheese into chunks, put on top of the tagliatelle dish, sprinkle with grated parmesan, and leave on the fire/in the stove on 250 C/480 F for 15 min.
Get Custom Knives, Cookware, and Boards from the Video in our shop!
FRESH FROM ALMAZAN KITCHEN