STEP BY STEP
1. Grind a handful of mint with a handful of nuts in the mortar using a pestle. Add olive oil, mix well until saucy consistency.
2. Coat beef tenderloin cut with Almazan Kitchen® Red Meat Mix from all sides.
3. Sear meat until golden brown crust. Put aside
4. Mix clay with 1 hand of water. Knead well, form a ball.
5. Attenuate and flatten out the clay ball.
6. Make a “pillow” for meat with rosemary.
7. Fold the edges of clay so the meat is wrapped around.
8. Put the clay on coals.
9. Cook for 45-60 minutes.
10. Carefully remove the meat from the clay wrap.
11. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
12. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Back in our fern and moss sanctuary, we are thanking ancestors for inspiration and baking steak the ancient way – in the bed of clay. Season the steak with Almazan Kitchen red meat spice mix and wrap it in clay. Then let clay do what clay does best – bake in fire. Once the baked clay is broken, the most perfect steak will emerge.