STEP BY STEP
1. Melt 3 tbsp. of brown sugar. Add 1 tbsp. of butter, let it melt too than mix everything. Slow-cook for 5-10 min.
2. Grind cinnamon stick with handful of crystal sugar, pinch of Himalayan salt in the mortar using pestle. Add 1 tsp. of cardamom & dried orange peel, 1 tsp. of rose petals. Grind more until powder consistency.
3. Dough time. Melt 1 tbsp. of butter, add ½ cup of water, pinch of salt, 1 tbsp. of brown sugar, 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract and finally 2 hands of flour. Mix everything well on low-heat, when almost ready add mix.
4. Preheat frying oil (If you follow our recipes you already know that hot oil is dangerous)
5. Make a churro shape dough and deep-fry it for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
6. Drain the oil, using special tool.
7. Mix churros with step #2 powder.
8. Serve under the caramel sauce!
9. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
What do you imagine when you hear the word “churros”? Best dessert in the world or thematical fairs and Spanish Christmas? Both answers are the right ones! Churros is a snack made of fried-dough pastry, and they’re traditional and very popular in Spain and Portugal. Regular Churro is usually sprinkled with sugar only, under, for example, chocolate sauce, but you know us – Almazan Kitchen! Let’s make it awesome! What will you say about a mix of cardamom, dried orange peel, and rose petals? Already sounds fun, right? Of course, sugar will be the main sprinkle ingredient, but not a regular one, crystal sugar is the boss! What is it? The sauce? No, we didn’t forget about that! Vanilla and cinnamon-infused caramel… delicious!