STEP BY STEP
1. Place a duck on a spit and then truss it as we did in the video.
2. Preheat the oven to 300 F / 150 C then load duck inside, place a bowl beneath, or pan if you cook it on fire as we do. Let use auto-spin or spin manually.
3. Dice the mango.
4. After 15 minutes there should be enough duck fat in the bowl beneath it, toss in 3-4 star anise, 2-3 dried tomatoes, rosemary stick and a handful of diced mango. Let it cook for 10 minutes more.
5. Add 1 tbsp. of pepper sauce and 1 tbsp. of lavender. Mix everything in the bowl and leave for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Add 2 tbsp. of green tea sauce (paste).
7. Roast 2 hours in sum.
8. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Duck is such delicious bird; meat is unbelievably juicy and the subcutaneous fat is a real game-changer here! It’s very soft and tender… You know, let us stop here, you just HAVE to try this dish by yourself! Especially when you roast whole duck on fire for few hours over a flavorful mix of mango, star anise, rosemary and a very special ingredient – green tea sauce! The best meal of your life is guaranteed!