STEP BY STEP
1. Wash leek, parsley root, carrots, a handful of cherry tomatoes, and shiitake in the nearest waterfall. Slice everything afterward in half, chop the leek.
2. Coat beef shank with corn starch from all sides.
3. Preheat the pan, melt 2tbsp. of butter, put in the shank, and fry until golden brown color. Remove the shank…
4. … toss in the veggies and garlic cloves. Cook until golden brown color (golden-brown is our best friend). Add 200ml of homemade red wine.
5. Place beef shank into the pan, cover with a lid and leave for 5-10 min.
6. Add herbs, a few bay leaves, and salt to taste. Cover with lid and cook for 5 hours on low-medium heat.
7. Finish off with chopped parsley.
8. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
For this one time and patience is your best friend because it will take you a while to make this one, yet it is worth every single minute spent and a great opportunity to be a little closer to nature! Complete special recipe for beef shank braised with vegetables, mushrooms, homemade red wine, and the most important ingredient – Rtanj herbs! Stuff washed in local waterfalls gets a taste boost of over 9000 and the smoky flavor from the fire is something you can not repeat indoors!