STEP BY STEP
1. Mix 1 tsp. garlic powder with 1 tsp. ginger powder and 1 tsp. of orange dried peel. Add 1 tbsp. of oyster sauce and 1 tbsp. of dark soy sauce. Mix everything well.
2. Coat duck from inside with the spread sauce we just made. Use as much as you like, we recommend to use all of it for better taste. Close the “gap” with the rope or a skewer, like we did.
3. Preheat the wok, add 2 cup of water and 2 tbsp. of solid soy sauce. Let the solid soy melt, add 1 tbsp. of dark soy sauce and 1 cup of rice wine. Mix well, slow cook for 1-2 minutes stirring.
4. Toss cinnamon stick, 2-3 star anise, 3-4 garlic cloves and spring onion into the wok. Slice 30g of ginger and orange zest. Squeeze the orange into the wok for the juice, add orange zest and fresh sliced ginger. Add ½ cup of brown sugar. Slow-cook everything for 4-5 minutes, constantly stirring. This step is our marinade.
5. While marinade is still liquid (because of the brown sugar it will be like caramel if left out of heat), pour the duck with it like we did in the video. Use as much marinade as you can.
6. Leave the duck in the dark cold place for 72 hours.
7. Prepare the tandoor, let the logs burn till coals. Now we’re ready for roasting.
8. Hang the duck inside the tandoor, close all lids in the tandoor and roast for 1.5-2 hours.
9. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Your new favorite recipe! Peking duck, the tastiest Chinese recipe in the whole world and it is in the Almazan Kitchen variation! Delicious! This Peking duck recipe takes time and ingredients, yes, but the outcome is something you never tried before, and we’re ready to bet on it! Marinated for 72 hours fat duck roasted in the stone tandoor for few extra hours will give you extravagant main dinner dish with crisp skin and juicy meat! Highly recommended!