STEP BY STEP
1. Unpeel, roast and grind handful of chestnuts (or hazelnuts) in the mortar using pestle.
2. Slice & dice 4-5 plumes (do not forget to remove the seed!). Do the same with the peaches.
3. Toss everything from the step #2 into the pan, add some water and slow cook until the jam consistency. While this step is in the process, let’s proceed further.
4. Mix 2-3tbsp. of butter with ½ tsp. of salt, 1 tbsp. brown sugar and 1 egg yolk. Add 1 cup of the flour, continue mixing. Knead well, form a ball and leave to rest for a while.
5. Mix 1 heaped cup of mascarpone with 2 egg yolks, 1 tbsp. off flower honey and lemon zest & juice. Mix everything with the nuts from step #1.
6. Boil the water, add 1 tbsp. of brown sugar and 1 star anise, let it soak for few minutes then add lemon quarters, let it mix in the water; while it happening unpeel and cut in half 2 pears, toss it into the water and slow cook for a few minutes to give it special taste.
7. Take a cake form, attenuate the dough inside, add the filling from the step #5.
8. Remove the pears from the water and slice it using sticks by the sides so the knife can’t cut it to the bottom. Tilt like a domino then put it evenly from each side into the cake.
9. Preheat special AlmazanKitchen coal stove (or your oven) to 350 F/177 C and bake the cake for 20-35 min.
10. Coat with topping from the step #3 above and voila…
11. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Dessert time, all are invited to the party!
This amazing pear cake with a fruit topping is just something! Every ingredient can be found in the yard! Fresh juicy pears, wonderful peaches + some plumes mixed with chestnuts, honey and lemon; with an easy move of hand everything transforms into the most delicious frangipane pie in the world! Kittie Crew tried to snatch chestnuts but mission has failed… anyway they’ve got good amount of meat & milk for the supper.