STEP BY STEP
1. Dice into medium pieces: potatoes and carrots. Smash 4-5 garlic cloves, chop afterwards. Slice red Crimean onion.
2. Slice beef into dices.
3. Preheat the deep casserole, grease with oil. Toss in meat, carrots, potatoes and onions.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tsp. of paprika and 2-3 bay leaves. Stir well.
5. Cook until vegetables are softened. Add 1 cup of tomato paste and cook for a minute more.
6. Add 1 cup of red wine. Stir well and cook for 2 hours (preferably in the oven). Add 2-3 dried hell peppers and few hops halfway.
7. Melt 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
8. Serve stew inside the bread with cheddar cheese on top.
9. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Stew, what a great dish full on nutrients, delicious and one-pot meal to feed the crowd! It doubles or even triples beautifully! There’re a lot of versions of this dish… Did you know that stew has been made since ancient times? The oldest evidence of it was found in Japan. Today’s version is the classic French beef stew, also known as Beef Bourguignon. This recipe is time-consuming but it’s well worth each minute spent!