STEP BY STEP
1. Chop the carrots coarsely and put into a pan with water to simmer until soft.
2. While the carrots are simmering, slice the ham or pancetta, as well as garlic, and grate the parmesan cheese. Put aside.
3. Once the carrots are cooked, put them into a mortar and crush with pestle into a paste.
4. Put the flour in a bowl, add curcuma, salt, cooked carrot paste, and enough water to make a hard dough.
5. Put a few drops of oil on dough and leave it covered to rest for 15-20min.
6. Spread the dough – first by hand, then by a rolling pin. It should be 2-3 mm thick in the end.
7. Roll the dough from both sides and then cut into 1cm wide pasta strips.
8. Boil the pasta in salted water al dente.
9. Put some oil in the pan and brown the cut ham or pancetta. Add sliced garlic, one cup heavy sour cream, pepper, chopped parsley, and grated parmesan. Mix well.
10. Pour the sauce over the freshly made pasta and your meal is ready.
Used in cuisines all over the world for countless years, pasta is always a delight at a dinner table, something that has stood the test of time. We have spiked our basic pasta recipe with some carrot and curcuma to get this fantastic orange color, and that’s just one idea. You can go green with spinach, or vibrant red or even purple with beet juice. Ham or pancetta (or some other dried/smoked meat) go hand in hand with garlic and parmesan to make a delicious sauce which is one of the best ways to top your pasta dish and enhance it beyond recognition. Pasta can be served in a fancy restaurant, but also in the middle of the woods, on the gentle moss carpet, next to a lively spring – just like we love to do. Whatever setting you choose, you will have a delicious meal prepared in no time.