STEP BY STEP
1. Preheat the large deep pan. Coat it with cooking oil as we did in the video to prevent salt from sticking to it for good.
2. Add 3kg of salt, add water, and mix everything.
3. Dice Orange and Grapefruit (feel free to use standard red grapefruit).
4. Stuff the duck with citruses.
5. Bury the bird in the salt chunk.
6. Roast for 15 min on 482 F/250 C lower the heat and roast for 1.5 hours on 300 F/150 C.
7. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Do you realize this crazy 2020 is almost over? It’s already October! The weather is very unpredictable, so let’s fire up our stove! Two birds with one stone, it will be warm and… well… the second bird is our dinner! The Amazing Whole Duck roasted the favorite AlmazanKitchen way – in a Salt Chunk! It’s very important to stuff our bird with citruses for an amazing flavor! Do you know why Duck is one of the tastiest birds in the whole industry? Because of the subcutaneous fat which is very mild and full of flavor if roasted right! A very simple recipe, but a must-have in your notebook!