STEP BY STEP
1. Smoke a Ham Hock with the spices to your taste, we recommend using Almazan Kitchen® Original Spice Red Meat Mix. Set the smoker to 200 F/93 C and smoke the meat for about 2.5-3 hours.
2. Slice Red Cabbage and Apple.
3. Preheat the pan, grease with oil.
4. Toss in 5-6 cloves and anise seeds alongside red cabbage. Fry for a few minutes then add apple bites.
5. Add balsamico, let the cabbage cook in it for about 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat then add 1 cup of red wine. Cook for about 30 more minutes, do not forget to stir.
6. Add Smoked Ham Hock to the pan, roast in the oven for 20 minutes altogether.
7. Serve and enjoy! Bon Almazan!
Smoked Ham hock is one of the most popular parts of meat in Serbian cuisine. In this recipe, we opted for an improvised oven and roasted it on a balsamico-spiked bed of flambéed red cabbage and apple. Simple and tasty dish, ham hock prepared this way is ideal for a company of buddies gathered over a campfire.