STEP BY STEP
1. Unpeel 4-5 garlic cloves, small onions. Slice into major pieces red chili, green chili and garlic root.
2. Preheat the pan, grease with oil.
3. Pre-fry beef fillet from both sides for 1-2 minutes each.
4. Toss everything from step #1 into the pan. Add 1 cup of chef aromatic oil and 300g of butter. Let butter melt and cook steak for 8 minutes each side at 200 °F (90 °C).
5. Put 1 egg yolk into the oil for a minute. Gently remove with the spoon and place on the steak.
6. Finish off with handful of chopped chives.
7. Enjoy! Bon Almazan!
When we’re talking about food, we can think of art. As the painter can portray one object in different styles, the cook can prepare one piece of meat in a different way. Today we wanted to bring you something different – steak confit! What is confit? To not use big sentences and big words, an easy way to describe confit is just to compare it with deep frying. Deep frying takes place at 325-450 °F (160–230 °C) while Confit preparation is done at around 200 °F (90 °C). To infuse this delicious dried beef fillet cut with more flavor we fried it along with the garlic, ginger, onion, and chili. Chef aromatic oil and butter are the best “foundation” for this kind of preparation. Finish off the dish with egg benedict and chopped chives – you will remember this one for a long time!