STEP BY STEP
1. Slice red onions. Cut potatoes in halves. Finely slice ginger. Put the chilies in boiled water for a few minutes.
2. Take the chicken meat, make deep incisions with a knife and season with salt and curcuma.
3. Crush cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom into fine powder.
4. Crush ginger, garlic, and boiled chilies into paste.
5. Fry the chicken on high heat (400 C/750 F) for a few minutes on all sides, then put aside.
6. Fry the ginger, garlic and chili paste on 200 C/400 F, add bay leaf, and sliced red onions. Add a bit of sugar, then add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamom powder, and potato halves.
7. Add some water (in which the chilies were boiled) to the meat and veggies and simmer at 150C/300 F until tender.
Today we chose Bengali Chicken Curry or Murgir Jhol for you. This traditional Indian chicken curry has expanded globally to become one of the most popular Indian dishes. Bursting with spices and rich aromas, this satisfying, easy-to-prepare curry dish will make a great outdoor meal for a group of friends! The taste is the best when you eat it straight from the pot, using excellent freshly made roti bread instead of spoons. Enjoy!